I’ve not blogged, kept my web site up to date or done anything significant for absolutely ages…think it’s an age thing….I’ll reboot myself starting Monday…
I keep a list of Maxims that motivate or guide me…
Maintain the highest standards of self discipline in all aspects of daily life
Preparation is the key to success !
Perserverence, Responsibility, Integrity, Determination, Excitement.
Engage in the never ending pursuit of excellence
What is it today that tomorrow I will wish I had done yesterday ?
As a man thinketh, then so shall he be
The road to Nirvana is not big and safe, but narrow and steep, but if you walk only on sunny days, you’ll never reach your destination
A balanced life takes discipline
Make the best of what you’ve got, where you are, now
Good timber does not grow with ease, the stronger the wind, the stronger the trees
The meeting of preparation with opportunity produces the offspring we call luck
For every disciplined effort there is multiple reward
Whether you believe you can do something, or believe you can’t … you’re right !
Use it or lose it
Failure is not defeat, just a little more experience
It is a foolish man who professess to be wise
Train hard … fight easy
The only people without problems are those in graves.
Discover a journey, travel it … for this is all that there is
Action dispels fear…
If you do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got. If what you are doing is not working, do something else.
If you don’t have problems, you will never be the person who overcame them.
“The greater danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it.”
“The strangest secret in the world is that you become what you think about.”
“Success is a matter of a few simple disciplines, practiced every day. Failure is a few errors in judgment, repeated every day.”
“To change one’s life:
Do it flamboyantly.
“For a long time it had seemed to me that life was about to begin – real life. But there was always some obstacle in the way. Something to be got through first, some unfinished business, time still to be served, a debt to be paid. Then life would begin. At last it dawned on me that these obstacles were my life.”
-Fr. Alfred D’Souza
“If you are going to doubt something, doubt your limits.” Don Ward
“You are not stuck where you are unless you decide to be.” – Wayne Dyer
“Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
“Everything we experience—no matter how unpleasant—comes into our lives to teach us something.” — Iyanla Vanzant
“Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause, of fear.” – Norman Vincent Peale
“When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.” Thomas Edison
Calm, confident, never hesitate
A great motivational speaker…
Check out the PDF doc below!
1. Have a firm handshake.
2. Look people in the eye.
3. Sing in the shower.
4. Own a great stereo system.
5. If in a fight, hit first and hit hard.
6. Keep secrets.
7. Never give up on anybody. Miracles happen everyday.
8. Always accept an outstretched hand.
9. Be brave. Even if you’re not, pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
11. Avoid sarcastic remarks.
12. Choose your life’s mate carefully. From this one decision will come 90 per cent of all your happiness or misery.
13. Make it a habit to do nice things for people who will never find out.
14. Lend only those books you never care to see again.
15. Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all that they have.
16. When playing games with children, let them win.
17. Give people a second chance, but not a third.
18. Be romantic.
19. Become the most positive and enthusiastic person you know.
20. Loosen up. Relax. Except for rare life-and-death matters, nothing is as important as it first seems.
21. Don’t allow the phone to interrupt important moments. It’s there for our convenience, not the caller’s.
22. Be a good loser.
23. Be a good winner.
24. Think twice before burdening a friend with a secret.
25. When someone hugs you, let them be the first to let go.
26. Be modest. A lot was accomplished before you were born.
27. Keep it simple.
28. Beware of the person who has nothing to lose.
29. Don’t burn bridges. You’ll be surprised how many times you have to cross the same river.
30. Live your life so that your epitaph could read, No Regrets
31. Be bold and courageous. When you look back on life, you’ll regret the things you didn’t do more than the ones you did.
32. Never waste an opportunity to tell someone you love them.
33. Remember no one makes it alone. Have a grateful heart and be quick to acknowledge those who helped you.
34. Take charge of your attitude. Don’t let someone else choose it for you.
35. Visit friends and relatives when they are in hospital; you need only stay a few minutes.
36. Begin each day with some of your favourite music.
37. Once in a while, take the scenic route.
38. Send a lot of Valentine cards. Sign them, ‘Someone who thinks you’re terrific.’
39. Answer the phone with enthusiasm and energy in your voice.
40. Keep a note pad and pencil on your bed-side table. Million-dollar ideas sometimes strike at 3 a.m.
41. Show respect for everyone who works for a living, regardless of how trivial their job.
42. Send your loved ones flowers. Think of a reason later.
43. Make someone’s day by paying the toll for the person in the car behind you.
44. Become someone’s hero.
45. Marry only for love.
46. Count your blessings.
47. Compliment the meal when you’re a guest in someone’s home.
48. Wave at the children on a school bus.
49. Remember that 80 per cent of the success in any job is based on your ability to deal with people.
50. Don’t expect life to be fair